I finished knitting my cowichan sweater about a month ago (pictures coming soon!), and needed a new big project. I pulled out my massive stack of vintage knitting books (which grew significantly this past weekend after finding some great 50s and 60s knitting pattern books at an estate sale, but that’s another story), and had Russ go through and pick out one he would like (I told him it was for Christmas, but that’s only so he wouldn’t be opposed to me investing that much time in something for him). It was between the one above and a few cardigans. I pointed out that he already had several cardigans and no pullovers, so this is what he decided on. The next day we went and he picked out the yarn, and I have been working on it ever since.
This is about three weeks worth of week. It is fingering weight yarn. The ribbing was done in size 0 needles and I switched to size 2 for the body of the sweater. It is quite a change after the size 11 needles I was using for the cowichan!
Funny thing, last night I was flipping through my 1979 copy of Reader’s Digest Complete Guide to Needlework and I spotted the same sweater. There are subtle differences, but I found it really interesting, since the original pattern was published in 1954.