Wednesday. Hump day. I always disliked that term. Maybe it is my inner 12 year old speaking, but whenever I hear the term hump day I either giggle or cringe. Anyway, here is a rather fluffy blog post about some of the things I have been loving lately.
1. These funky vintage horse head bookends that I found in the thrift store last week. I haven’t quite found the proper place for them yet, but they are just like some I had been eying on Etsy a while back. Bookends always come in handy around here!
2. Not the healthiest meal, but possibly the tastiest I have had in a while. Biscuits and gravy with eggs. I used the veggie breakfast “sausage”, which I don’t usually buy, but oh I am glad I did. This meal hit the spot, and just looking at the photo again has me making plans to make it again this weekend.
3. This nail polish by OPI called Samoan Sand.
- The heat! It has been in the high 80s and low 90s the past few days, and I love it. I know I will tire of it come July or August, but right now it is wonderful. Lucy and I lay outside in the grass until 6 in the evening, playing and enjoying the weather.
- That moment at the end of the day when I hear the keys in the door and I am no longer parenting alone. There is nothing better.