Someone’s Family Photos

By Cedar | April 7, 2014

A very warm welcome to those of you who are joining me from Jessica’s blog, Chronically Vintage. I have been a long time reader of her lovely blog, and was so happy to sponsor it for the month of April. Jessica is such a dear, it really has been a pleasure working with her. So, welcome to all!

vintage photo album from the 1950s

This is one of my favorite things to come across when I am out looking for treasures. Sometimes the pictures inside are pretty, but nothing special, and then other times you find real winners, like this book I picked up from the swap meet yesterday morning. Inside are the most wonderful images of a couple that clearly liked to have a good time (and toward the end of the book very few of their child!). The pictures range from 1954 to 1961. Enjoy!

vintage photo album from the 1950s

vintage photo album from the 1950s

vintage photo album from the 1950s

vintage photo album from the 1950s

vintage photo album from the 1950s

vintage photo album from the 1950s

vintage photo album from the 1950s

vintage photo album from the 1950s

vintage photo album from the 1950s

Aren’t these fun? I am quite partial to the first one, of the gal in the kitchen as well as the couple kissing. Which is your favorite?

10 Responses to “Someone’s Family Photos”

1. Hope Says:
    April 7th, 2014 at 9:19 am

Yes, I’d have to agree with you, both on how sweet Jessica is and your two favorite photos here.

I have always loved looking at old photo; it does not matter that I don’t know who the people in them are. Old photos are simply fascinating, and I enjoy examining every detail in them.

I have browsed many pages of your blog since I first saw it on Jessica’s post yesterday. You have a delightfully enjoyable blog. I don’t know when you quit your blog, but I did see your post mentioning that you had restarted it after quitting it and then realized how much you actually had enjoyed it and felt the need to return to it. I have done the same thing myself.

I will be returning.
    :)Hope

Cedar Reply:

Thank you for your sweet message Hope, and welcome! Old photos have always been a favorite thing of mine, and probably how I developed my love for vintage at a young age!

2. Debra Says:
    April 7th, 2014 at 11:05 am

I just popped over from Jessica’s blog to say hi. Cool old photos. I love the retro home decor and clothing styles! I think you and I have some things in common as well. We both live in Southern Calif., we both are artists, enjoy vintage and have daughters who have a mind of their own when it comes to clothing:)

Cedar Reply:

Welcome Debra, thanks for taking the time to say hello! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that my daughter has her own sense of style, but boy do I miss picking out her outfits!!

3. Fashionista Says:
    April 7th, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Thank you for the post Cedar, I too have discovered you via Jessica’s blog! Whenever I find old photograph albums, which I love to examine, I always feel slightly said that no-one cared enough any longer to keep them in the family. Doesn’t stop me form having a good sticky-beak though ;)

Fashionista Reply:

That should be “slightly sad”. Oh dear, commenting before coffee was never a good idea.

Cedar Reply:

Thank you for coming by! One of my friends on Instagram shared a story with me this morning about a photo album in her family. At some point her grandmother’s storage unit was auctioned off, some kind soul purchased her wedding albums, tracked down the aunt and returned it to their family.

4. Trish Hunter Says:
    April 8th, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Oh I love original vintage photographs like these. There is something great about seeing real people in real environments rather than celebrities and adverts. Love them
    trishhunterfinds.com.au xx

5. Liz Gruening Says:
    April 9th, 2014 at 5:49 am

What a find! I wish I could pick up the pictures and just admire every detail closer (especially those curtains and the dresses..wow!).

Thanks so much for sharing!

Liz

6. Jessica Cangiano Says:
    April 15th, 2014 at 12:44 am

It’s such a splendid joy to be teaming up with you, too, dear Cedar. Thank you very much!

These photos are marvelous. I poured over each one, soaking up every stylish, wonderfully history rich element. Thank you very much for sharing them with us.

♥ Jessica