Busy Working

By Cedar | February 14, 2013

My first loaf of bread in a dutch oven, from this recipe.

So much knitting. I invested in a swift, Lucy loves working it with me.

Chickpea feta salad, from this recipe (found via Pinterest).

A new top for Lucy, made with the serger I got for Christmas.

I have settled into a nice groove lately. I have been able to accomplish quite a lot in a short amount of time, all while spending maximum amounts of time with Lucy and Russ. It is funny thinking back to before I had a child how naive I was. I fully thought I would be able to continue on my life as it was, with you know, a little bit of story reading and snuggles throughout the day. How wrong I was. Having time to work on hobbies is something I missed, but I really appreciate so much more since my time doing them is limited.

We cancelled our cable this week. It is something I have wanted to do for many years, and it took quite a bit of convincing/nagging on my part (and only after football season ended). I’m just glad it is gone. I never had cable in my youth, but in recent years I have found myself watching pretty much the worst of the worst television programs. Lucy goes down for her nap, I pull the knitting out of the closet and I put on some mind numbing program, just because it is there. Those days are behind us now, and I hope for the rest of our lives. Now, if we could just cut back on the Netflix.

zv7qrnb

6 Responses to “Busy Working”

1. Sanne Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 12:18 am

So now you have no tv at all? Or just a few channels? Music is so much better, and you can work while listening to it. Have a lovely weekend. :)

2. Beth Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 8:58 am

My husband and I always planned on getting cable (or dish, rather) and then just never did. We got used to only having 3 channels, and it’s actually kind of great.

Of course everyone else thinks you’re nuts when you tell them you only ever turn your TV on to watch a movie, but hey. It works.

3. Ashley P Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 10:23 am

Good for you! We got rid of TV altogether a while back – after your withdrawal period, you’re going to be surprised how little you miss it.
    And can I just say, living life without commercials is such a relief. I will admit that I dearly miss TCM, though. I wish there was a way to just get one channel.
    We have yet to cut back on the Netflix, though. Don’t plan to, either. :)

4. Ashley P Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 10:24 am

P.S. Awesome pink Pyrex bowl, by the way!

5. Lori Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 1:30 pm

We got rid of cable almost two years ago and it was the best decision! I was watching a lot of mindless tv, simply because it was there. I don’t miss it at all. We still have a few basic (network) channels but watch mostly the news and public television with our 8-year-old. Netflix is great for finding shows on interesting (and educational) topics for kids, though. Love your blog…the bread looks wonderful :)

6. Little Big / Carrie Anne Says:
    February 18th, 2013 at 1:10 pm

That’s exactly how I was before I had a kid. You know, just swooping down for some mom time and cuddles while we did a craft and then, BOOM!, off to regular life again! Sometimes I think about how dumb I was and I cackle.

I love no knead bread and used to make it all the time! No since Isobel, though. Womp-womp.

Comments