What I Wore

By Cedar | November 13, 2011

Well what do you know, an outfit post!

I have been wanting to start them up again since, well, shortly after Lucy was born. Quite honestly though, it is much harder to get dressed now than it used to be. I’m not even taking the time it takes to get ready into consideration here. I am mostly talking about my ‘new’ body. I have lost the baby weight and then some. Most  of my vintage dresses zip or button half way up–and then you reach the ta-tas. Breastfeeding has made these things huge. Not only am I limited by what will fit over them, but having easy access is a must as well. I have a closet full of beautiful dresses, but nothing to wear. Really. I have a very small handful of clothes that have been in rotation. This one I squeezed into for a quick trip to visit Russ at work and to do our grocery shopping.

Dress: Thrifted
Shoes: Thrifted
Glasses: CoastalContacts.com

m4s0n501

10 Responses to “What I Wore”

1. Kyle Says:
    November 13th, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Oh my gosh Cedar! I love this dress! What a great color for you! And, look amazing! It’s hard to believe you had a baby in that belly 6 months ago! So looking forward to seeing you at Christmas!

2. Jenifir Says:
    November 13th, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Breastfeeding is great for reducing the baby weight but does present real wardrobe difficulties. Our vintage sisters of 50 or more years ago had female curves but in general were less busty than woman now and while breastfeeding was often recommended during the war, by the 50′s, the modern thing was bottlefeeding. Makes for challenges. The Glamorous Housewife has made some great suggestions as she is in a similar situation. This is definitely a time that thrifting can get you over the hump. I believe that some of the ‘nursing’ clothes on the market have a vintage look: Faux twin sets with nursing access or suplice shirts would both be good with skirts or capri-like trousers.

3. bonita Says:
    November 13th, 2011 at 8:46 pm

~ * ♥ * ~
    Oh I feel you there Cedar ~ I can’t believe how many dresses I have that are just sitting in my closet because they don’t have any ‘access’ points bar lifting the whole thing over my head… : / I hate to say it, but I am actually getting sick of wearing nothing but skirts.

Your dress is really cute though, and you look great. : D

xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

4. Bekah Says:
    November 13th, 2011 at 9:03 pm

You look great lady! I love how true to your style you stay! Its wonderful!

5. dolores Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 1:07 am

Cedar you look amazing! As does your new home! Like Kyle said, can’t wait to see you at Christmas!

6. Elly SWift Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Wonderful!
    May I share your pics on my blog and facebook?

Cedar Reply:

Hi Elly! Yes, please feel free to. Thank you for asking!

7. The Glamorous Housewife Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Thanks for the shout-out Jenifir! I am in exactly the same situation! Frankly, I am kind of over the large boobs. NOTHING fits or it pulls in the front and I think it makes me look fat. I figure one of these days things will be back to normal. Now that I think about it, I should take a cheesy pin-up shot of me in a bikini top from the waist up just so I can remember how big they were! LOL!

Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

8. Sanne Says:
    November 18th, 2011 at 12:52 am

Cedar – you look great! :)

9. Nicole Says:
    November 23rd, 2011 at 6:50 am

You look amazing sweet mama!! XOXOXO

Comments