Week 39

By Cedar | April 26, 2011

This is the last time you will see this dress, I promise! I’m also hoping this is the last time you see a pregnancy photo, but that I can’t promise. Not many updates on the baby front. I have had more and more contractions each day, but they are still quite sporadic. I also notice that they aren’t really painful. Occasionally I get light period like cramps and they can definitely knock the wind out of me (except for the braxton hicks, which I still get regularly as well), but I haven’t really had any pain from them yet. I am sure that will come as the time draws nearer, but it really makes me wonder if my body is making any progress on the eviction of this little girl. I certainly hope so, because my belly feels like if it grows any larger it will explode!

6 Responses to “Week 39”

1. bonita Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 4:57 pm

~ * ♥ * ~

Oooh, I know how that feels Cedar! I think I am going to explode one of these days ~ particularly when I try to pick something up from the floor… > o <

xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

2. AP Says:
    April 26th, 2011 at 10:02 pm

It’s so funny how women are different (or even every pregnancy, so I hear!): I never had Braxton-Hicks (at least nothing I noticed) and I didn’t have my first contraction until well after my water broke at 41.5 weeks!
    You look great, hang in there :) Good luck!

3. kellie Says:
    April 27th, 2011 at 1:23 am

You look amazing Cedar! You are still carrying quite high, so It may be a little while yet?? Just enjoy the last of your incredible journey as once it starts it is all over so quickly and then you do miss ‘being pregnant’ a little bit. All the best for a wonderful and safe birth. You look magnificently well and happy:)

4. Cedar Says:
    April 27th, 2011 at 6:34 am

Thanks everyone!

Kellie- I think she looks quite high as well, though every time I have gone to the doctor recently both he and the nurse practitioner have told me her head is really low….so who knows!!

5. cinda Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 9:39 am

You have looked so amazingly beautiful during your pregnancy but please, please, please let that little girl out. lol. You sound like you might be lucky and not have terrible contractions. I never even had cramps much less contractions. Good luck on your delivery! I think she wants a bigger room now.

6. elisabeth Says:
    May 1st, 2011 at 4:51 pm

you are so adorable pregnant!

~elisabeth