I finished up my first maternity outfit last week, and am just now getting around to posting pictures of it. As I am just a week shy of four months along, I am currently swimming in the top, and have yet to wear it out of the house. I know though in another month or so this will become a staple!
Thanks to everyone who helped me with the sleeve problem I was having with this. When I first made it I slip stitched the facing to the underside of the armholes, as directed from the pattern instructions. This left the area around the neck and armholes quite lumpy, and not at all attractive. After several useful tips I ripped out the facing and used bias tape instead, which helped really made it lay flatter and look much better. So thank you all!
The pants had to be taken in a considerable amount in the legs (at least three inches from each leg!). When I first sewed them and tried them on for size they looked like clown pants. I laughed out loud when I saw them in comparison to the pattern picture! After some altering I made a munch thinner leg pant–which I am quite pleased with. What you can’t see under the top I made is a little kangaroo pouch with a tie string to allow my belly to grow.