I usually am not that fond of cookies. I prefer fruity desserts like pies and such. Yesterday (after the gym mind you) I got a real craving for some chocolate chip cookies. Because I have so many cookbooks in my collection, sometimes deciding on one to use can be quite difficult. This is why so many times I turn to AllRecipes to help me. Reading the ratings and reviews really aids me in my decision making.
I finally decided on this recipe, called Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. The title really says it all. These were the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. The ingredients were simple enough, but the results were fantastic. The cookies were soft and chewy on the inside, but had a nice firm, slightly crunch exterior–the perfect cookie!
This is the recipe:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.